Circuit Training is serial working out of the entire major muscle groups of the body during a training session. Beginners as well as experienced sportsmen use it. The purpose of this exercise is to train the whole body, especially the cardiovascular system and joints for weight sessions, and also to learn the training technical skills.
What is the best circuit training workout?
Training sessions for beginners differ:
• Only the basic exercises are used as a ground for the strength-build and body mass.
• It’s reasonably practical to perform these basic exercises at the gym.
• All exercises are highly repetitive, that contributes to the maximum muscles load leading to its further growth.
• Curcuit trainings are used three times a week, each of them needs the alteration of exercises and sequence of the muscle groups workout. For example, if you begin one training session with the back workout, the beginning of the next one should start with the chest.
• Each exercise is for one muscle group. For the first time this exercise is performed for a set, not including warm-up. As your fitness grows, the number of sets may increase to two, then to three ones.
There is one of the best circuit training workout below.
First Stage Of Circuit Training (6-8 weeks)
We divide body muscles into several basic groups and work out each of them in series.
Press, calves and forearms are sufficiently loaded during the other muscle groups work out. Before performing each exercise you need to perform it as one or two warm-up sets with a lesser working weight.
- Elevated Cable Rows 1×15-20
- Smith Machine Bench Press 1×15-20
- Machine Leg Press 1×15-20
- Lying Leg Curls 1×15-20
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press 1×15-20
- Barbells Curls Standing 1×15-20
- Cable Triceps Pushdown 1×15-20
The following exercises have the same regulations of 1×15-20
- Leverage Chest Press 1×15-20
- Hack Squat 1×15-20
- Hyperextensions 1×15-20
- Low Cable Face Pull 1×15-20
- Hammer Curls 1×15-20
- Cable Triceps Pushdown – Rope Attachment 1×15-20
- Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown 1×15-20
Regulations for all exercises 1×15-20
- Machine Leg Extensions 1×15-20
- Lying Leg Curls 1×15-20
- Side Lateral Raise1x15-20
- Dumbbell Supine Bicep Curl Standing 1×15-20
- Dips 1×15-20
- Leverage Iso Row 1×15-20
- Smith Machine Incline Bench Press 1×15-20
All exercises of circuit training run are performed in the same regulations of 1×15-20 with an average intensity, that is, the weight is chosen in such a way that the set ends in a couple of reps before muscle failure. The tempo of exercises execution is average. Rest time between sets lasts 1.5-2 minutes.
Second Stage Of Circuit Training (6-8 weeks)
The purpose of this step is the learning of free weights exercises skills and strength development. The amount of training sessions is the same, three times a week. Each of them is devoted to the all major muscle groups working out. For each muscle group is only sole exercise per workout. Due to the number of reps in a set will decrease to 10-15, the working weights will increase for all exercises. The number of working sets for each muscle group is to rise to two. There is need for average pace of performance, without any abrupt movements. Pauses between each set are of one and a half to two minutes. There is an approximate program for this stage of trainings:
- Bent Over Barbell Row 2×10-15
- Barbell Bench Press 2×10-15
- Machine Leg Press 2×10-15
- Lying Leg Curls 2×10-15
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press 2×10-15
- Barbells Curls Standing 2×10-15
- Cable Triceps Pushdown 2×10-15
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 2×10-15
- Barbell Squats 2×10-15
- Hyperextensions With Weight 2×10-15
- Side Lateral Raise 2×10-15
- Hammer Curls 2×10-15
- JM Press 2×10-15
- Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown 2×10-15
- Machine Leg Extensions 2×10-15
- Barbell Deadlift 2×10-15
- Low Cable Face Pull 2×10-15
- Preacher Curls 2×10-15
- Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Extension Behind The Head 2×10-15
- Elevated Cable Rows 2×10-15
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes 2×10-15
All of the exercises are performed in a circular set of 10-15 repetitions, which helps increase strength qualities and lead to the mass growth. This also contributes to the free weights exercises adding in the basic movements. These combined movements are performed for 6-8 weeks. After that we move to three-day split.
Circuit Training is serial working out of the entire major muscle groups of the body during a training session. Beginners as well as experienced sportsmen use it. The purpose of this exercise is to train the whole body, especially the cardiovascular system and joints for weight sessions, and also to learn the training technical skills. What is the best circuit training workout?